Click here for an important message for users of Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo, and MSN.
The Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands is a branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism, an international organization dedicated to the study and recreation of the Middle Ages and early Renaissance.
Geographically, the Debatable Lands include greater Pittsburgh and most of southwestern Pennsylvania. The Debatable Lands is the oldest and one of the largest baronies in the Kingdom of Æthelmearc, the region covering western New York, most of Pennsylvania outside the Harrisburg-Philadelphia corridor, and West Virginia.
The Barony-Marche also proudly includes two smaller branches within its borders: the Canton of Steltonwald, covering Beaver County, PA; and the incipient College of Cour d'Or, representing CMU students.
Upcoming Events and Important News:
- Sat, Oct 25, 2014: Agincourt
- Sat, Nov 01, 2014: Celtic New Year - Worthington Civic Center
- Sun, Nov 09, 2014: Barony Meeting and Harvest Revel - Harlech Castle The November Barony Meeting and Harvest Revel will be held in conjunction with the regular martial practices at Byron & Ariella's castle (755 Stonegate Dr, Wexford, PA)). Parking is tight there, so please park your cars directly onto the grass outside the Castle, heading inwards.
- Sat, Nov 15, 2014: Heralds and Scribes More events may be found on the Events & Demos webpage.
- "People first hearing about Pennsic often say, 'So, it’s like a Renaissance fair?' It’s really not. It’s the difference between going to see a hockey game and strapping on a pair of skates..." An excellent article on the most recent Pennsic War can be found here.
Questions? Suggestions? Contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.