Click here for an important message for users of Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo, and MSN.
The Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands is a branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism, an international organization dedicated to the study and recreation of the Middle Ages and early Renaissance.
Geographically, the Debatable Lands include greater Pittsburgh and most of southwestern Pennsylvania. The Debatable Lands is the oldest and one of the largest baronies in the Kingdom of Æthelmearc, the region covering western New York, most of Pennsylvania outside the Harrisburg-Philadelphia corridor, and West Virginia.
The Barony-Marche also proudly includes two smaller branches within its borders: the Canton of Steltonwald, covering Beaver County, PA; and the College of Cour d'Or, representing Pittsburgh-area college students.
Their Excellencies, Baron Uilliam Mac an tSaoir and Baroness Constance Glyn Dwr, of these Debatable Lands have announced their intention to step down from the Baronial thrones. They have asked the Barony's Seneschal and selection committee to begin seeking heirs so that the four-decades-long continuity of Baronial rule here in the lands of the marche can be preserved.
Upcoming Events and Important News:
- Sat, Aug 29, 2015: Iron Comet
- Sun, Aug 30, 2015: Outdoor Practices
- Thrown Weapons practice is ON 11am to 1 or 2pm
- Archery practice is ON 11am to 1pm
- Youth practice is OFF
- Fencing practice is ? 2pm to 5pm
- Heavy Fighting practice is OFF
- "People first hearing about Pennsic often say, 'So, it’s like a Renaissance fair?' It’s really not. It’s the difference between going to see a hockey game and strapping on a pair of skates..." An excellent article on the most recent Pennsic War can be found here.
Some practices held at the Washington Boulevard outdoor site are cancelled due to the Iron Comet event on the preceding day.
In the event of inclement weather, cancellations will be posted to the Baronial mailing list.More events may be found on the Events & Demos webpage.
Questions? Suggestions? Contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.