For a great explanation of SCA archery, visit the SCA Online Demo page on archery.
Archery practice takes place every Sunday from 10:30am - 1:30pm at the Highland Park Northeast Parking Area (1499 Washington Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15206). Click here for Google Maps directions.
Loaner gear is available on an individual basis for anyone who does not have their own equipment. If you would like to borrow the Barony's loaner gear please send an email to archerymarshal(at)debatablelands(dot)org ahead of time to let the marshals know.
Please note: Until further notice we will be implementing pandemic protocols, so please read and follow the rules posted below.
We want to do this practice as safely as possible, so the following safety and social-distancing guidelines will be put in place:
- Masks must be properly worn at all times (covering both mouth AND nose).
- No sharing equipment. This includes bows, arrows, gloves, armguards, etc.
- The loaner gear will not be available for general use. Contact the marshal ahead of time to reserve a set if needed.
- Only the marshals can handle another person’s bow, arrows, or equipment, and only for inspections.
- Maintain 6 ft. of separation when shooting on the line and when waiting in line to shoot. The ground will be appropriately marked by cones.
- When retrieving arrows, only one person per target may retrieve their arrows at the same time.
- Marshals will be monitoring the practice and reminding people to adhere to these guidelines.
- This is a practice for archers only. Please do not come just to socialize.
- DO NOT COME TO PRACTICE IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR ARE ESPECIALLY SUSCEPTIBLE TO ILLNESS.
These rules will be reviewed with everyone prior to the beginning of practice. In addition to these guidelines, I will do my best to ensure there is hand sanitizer, hand wipes, etc. available for staying clean. Being considerate of the health and safety of our populace is greatly appreciated! If anyone has additional questions or concerns regarding the practice please reach out to me at archerymarshal(at)debatablelands(dot)org. Stay safe out there!
Yours in service,
Lord Rónán Ó Conaill
BMDL Captain of Archers