Directions to the Washington Blvd. Practice Site
To use Google Maps to get directions to the Washington Boulevard practice site, click here.
From the North, South, and West of Downtown Pittsburgh
- Take your best route to downtown Pittsburgh, probably I-279 or PA-65, and follow signs for PA-28 North.
- ** Take the exit for the Highland Park Bridge / PA-8 South. When crossing the bridge, get into the left lane, following signs for Washington Blvd / Allegheny River Blvd / PA-8.
- The first light is Washington Blvd - turn right onto it, and very shortly afterwards there will be a dirt parking area on the right; pull in and park there.
From the Northeast
- Take your best route to PA-28 South, and follow from ** above.
From the East
- Take your best route to I-376.
- At exit 7 (Edgewood / Swissvale), exit following signs for Edgewood / Braddock Avenue
- Take Braddock Avenue for a few miles, to Penn Avenue (PA-8); turn left onto Penn Avenue.
- Stay on Penn to the intersection of Fifth Avenue (to your left) / Washington Blvd / PA-8 (to your right); turn right onto Washington Blvd.
- *** Stay on Washington Blvd for another while (1 - 2 miles) - after doing through a commercial / industrial area, you will past a light for Negley Run Blvd on to left, then a light for Lemington to your right; just past the velodrome on your left will be the practice area and parking on your left.
From Within the City of Pittsburgh
- Take your best route to the intersection of Penn Avenue and Fifth Avenue in Homewood, get onto Washington Blvd, and follow from *** above.