The snow has melted, the weather has warmed, and that means it’s archery season once again for BMDL! Next Sunday, April 11th from 11am-3pm, archery practice will resume at the home of Master Kieran and Mistress Odriana! We will be following the same pandemic procedures as last year, so please take note of the rules posted below.
Hope to see you there next week!
*Note: In order to keep attendance manageable, we are asking that only the archers attend this practice. If you aren’t there to shoot then please do not attend. In addition, loaner gear will not be provided.
The address of the site is 3000 Harts Run Road, Allison Park, PA 15101. To get there from the city, head north on Route 8 and make a right on Harts Run Road, then after 1 mile their house is on the right side. The driveway for the site is a small bridge. Look for the SCA sign!
Parking will be at the empty lot next door (2984 Harts Run Rd on Google maps). Anyone who needs to may drive directly up to the site to drop off people or equipment before heading to the parking lot.
We want to do this as safely as possible, so the following safety and social-distancing guidelines will be put in place:
- Masks must be properly worn at all times (covering both nose AND mouth).
- No sharing equipment. This includes bows, arrows, gloves, armguards, etc.
- The loaner gear will NOT be available.
- Only the marshals can handle another person’s bow, arrows, or equipment, and only for inspections.
- Maintain 6 ft. of separation when shooting on the line and when waiting in line to shoot. The ground will be appropriately marked.
- When retrieving arrows, only one person per target may retrieve their arrows at the same time.
- Marshals will be monitoring the practice and reminding people to adhere to these guidelines.
- This is a practice for archers only. Please do not come just to socialize.
- DO NOT COME TO PRACTICE IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR ARE ESPECIALLY SUSCEPTIBLE TO ILLNESS.
- These rules will be reviewed with everyone prior to the beginning of practice. In addition to these guidelines, I will do my best to ensure there is hand sanitizer, hand wipes, a hand washing station, etc. available for staying clean. Being considerate of the health and safety of our populace is greatly appreciated!
If anyone has additional questions or concerns regarding the practice please reach out to me at email@example.com.
Stay safe out there!
Yours in service,
Rónán Ó Conaill
BMDL Captain of Archers