Hello Debatable Lands! Salve Accolens!
The Debatable Lands is so excited to be able to host this special fight practice! It will be a glorious day of fighting and camaraderie!
Tl; dr, or: Handy Packing Checklist!
— Proof of vaccination or negative Covid test (or electronic copy)
— Your membership card if you have one (or electronic copy)
— Your auth card or equivalent (or electronic copy), for heavy and rapier fighters
— Warm clothes, boots, walking stick, a hat (it should be sunny), a change of socks
— Your banners and something to hang them with (if you like)
— Food and non-alcoholic drink (if you like), and a drinking vessel
— Your armor and weapons, for heavy and rapier fighters
— Words of wisdom for THL Boden and Comtesse Elena
— Directions or GPS or Map app (take Saltsburg and New Texas, not Centerview til the last part)
More detailed: We’d like to remind everyone that this is a practice, with practice-level amenities. With that in mind:
Just a few updates and reminders for this Saturday’s Special Fight Practice and Royal Court in Boyce Park, Silver Beaver Shelter:
- For more details, including a schedule, see our website or this previous post.
- Both morning and afternoon Court will be streamed here. You do not need a Facebook account to view.
- There is a playground on site, on the far side of the field.
- Dogs are allowed on site, but not on the ball field, which is likely where the vigils and fighting will be (sorry!). ADA animals are allowed on the entire site.
- We will not have directional signs. Please plan your route ahead of time or use GPS or a map app to get to Silver Beaver Shelter in Boyce Park (site location). BUT! Do not take Centerview Dr the whole way from the park entrance – it’s an access road. Take Saltsburg Rd and/or New Texas Rd, with Centerview on the last little bit.
- The weather will be about 50 degrees, and the fields are likely to be pretty squishy. Please attire accordingly. As this is a practice, not an event, garb is welcome, but not required.
- The short ways from the parking to the pavilion and the pavilion to the field have grassy inclines. Consider this when planning. You may want to bring a walking stick. There are longer ways around that are easier and graveled, but they are longer.
- If the parking lot fills up, you are welcome to park by the tennis courts. There is plenty of parking, but please do park politely!
- There are no changing rooms or water fountains. We will provide water in jugs for drinking. You are welcome to bring and eat/drink your own refreshments. No alcohol.
- The porta-potty on site is wheelchair accessible. Do not change in it. While we were not able to secure a second porta-potty, there are a couple more in the next shelter over, about 200 yards away (not convenient, but they are there).
- We follow the CovidSafe Rules. All attendees MUST check in before proceeding to the rest of the site, and must provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative Covid test within 72 hours. This must be from a medical provider (doctor or pharmacy or similar); home tests do not count. This is Kingdom policy. See the link for more details, and for info on masking.
Looking forward to seeing you there!