Greetings archers of the Debatable Lands!
I am officially putting out a call for marshals-in-training for target archery in our Barony! Some of you have already reached out to me and some of you have already begun training, but I would like to get a definitive headcount of all who are interested in becoming marshals. The duties of an archery marshal include:
- Inspecting participants’ equipment
- Assisting in the setup and teardown of the range
- Assisting the marshal-in-charge with calling the line
- Ensuring all rules and safety standards are upheld
- Submitting a quarterly report to the Kingdom Archery Marshal
The Marshal’s Handbook can be found on the Kingdom Earl Marshal page at marshal.aethelmearc.org. In the headings at the top of the page, the society wide handbook is under Society Rules and the Kingdom handbook is under Policies. All marshals and MITs must know both rulesets.
If you would like to be an archery marshal then please send me a message either via facebook, or via email at archerymarshal at debatablelands dot org.
*Note: You must be a member of the SCA with an active membership in order to be a marshal.
Thank you all for your interest in volunteering! See you on the range!
Ronan O Conaill
Captain of Archers, Debatable Lands