Archers of BMDL, the moment we’ve all been waiting for is finally here! This Sunday from 11am-3pm, archery practice is back on! (though not in the usual place)
Given the current state of things, we will NOT be having practice at the Washington Blvd site where we can’t control who shows up or who follows our social-distancing rules. But thanks to the generous offer of Mistress Odriana and Master Kieran, we can use the field next to their house, which has ample space for all of our stick-throwing needs!
*NOTE: At this time, we are asking that only the archers attend this practice. If you aren’t there to shoot, then please do not attend. In addition, loaner gear will not be provided.
The address of the site is 3000 Harts Run Road, Allison Park, PA 15101. To get there from the city, head north on Route 8 and make a right on Harts Run Road, then after 1 mile their house is on the right side. The driveway for the site is a small bridge. Look for the SCA sign!
Parking will be at the empty lot next door (2984 Harts Run Rd on Google maps). Anyone who needs to may drive directly up to the site to drop off people or equipment before heading to the parking lot.
We want to do this as safely as possible, so the following safety and social-distancing guidelines will be put in place:
- Masks must be properly worn at all times (covering both nose AND mouth).
- No sharing equipment. This includes bows, arrows, gloves, armguards, etc.
- The loaner gear will NOT be available.
- Only the marshals can handle another person’s bow, arrows, or equipment, and only for inspections.
- Maintain 6 ft. of separation when shooting on the line and when waiting in line to shoot. The ground will be appropriately marked.
- When retrieving arrows, only one person per target may retrieve their arrows at the same time.
- Only one person at a time can be under the canopy at the water cooler and hand washing station.
- Marshals will be monitoring the practice and reminding people to adhere to these guidelines.
- This is a practice for archers only. Please do not come just to socialize.
- DO NOT COME TO PRACTICE IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR ARE ESPECIALLY SUSCEPTIBLE TO ILLNESS
These rules will be posted on site and will be reviewed with everyone prior to the beginning of practice. In addition to these guidelines, I will do my best to ensure there is hand sanitizer, hand wipes, a hand washing station, etc. available for staying clean. Being considerate of the health and safety of our populace is greatly appreciated!
If anyone has additional questions or concerns regarding the practice please reach out to me at email@example.com.
Stay safe out there!
Yours in service,
Rónán Ó Conaill
BMDL Captain of Archers