Hello Debatable Lands!
This Sunday from 11am – 3pm will be the BMDL Post-Halloween Archery Practice! In addition to our usual 20, 30, and 40 yard targets, there will be a special novelty range with pumpkins, spiders and all sorts of fun Halloween targets. Come test your skill and win some candy and prizes in the process!
UPDATE: In the spirit of dressing up for Halloween, everyone who attends is encouraged to wear garb if you’ve got it!
And if you’ve got pumpkins of your own that you’d like to take a shot at, bring them along too!
REMINDER: Please only come to the practice if you’re there to participate in archery. We don’t want to overcrowd the site. (Remember your social distancing.)
The address of the site is 3000 Harts Run Road, Allison Park, PA 15101. To get there from the city, head north on Route 8 and make a right on Harts Run Road, then after 1 mile their house is on the right side. The driveway for the site is a small bridge. Look for the SCA sign!
Parking will be in the empty lot of Virgin Flooring (2984 Harts Run Rd on Google maps). Anyone who needs to may drive directly up to the site to drop off people or equipment before heading to the parking lot.
We want to do this as safely as possible, so the following safety and social-distancing guidelines will be put in place:
– Masks must be properly worn at all times (covering both nose AND mouth).
– No sharing equipment. This includes bows, arrows, gloves, armguards, etc.
– The loaner gear will NOT be available.
– Only the marshals can handle another person’s bow, arrows, or equipment, and only for inspections.
– Maintain 6 ft. of separation when shooting on the line and when waiting in line to shoot. The ground will be appropriately marked with cones.
– When retrieving arrows, only one person per target may retrieve their arrows at the same time.
– Only one person at a time can be under the canopy at the water cooler and hand washing station.
– Marshals will be monitoring the practice and reminding people to adhere to these guidelines.
– This is a practice for archers only. Please do not come just to socialize.
– DO NOT COME TO PRACTICE IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR ARE ESPECIALLY SUSCEPTIBLE TO ILLNESS
These rules will be reviewed with everyone prior to the beginning of practice. In addition to these guidelines, I will do my best to ensure there is hand sanitizer, hand wipes, a hand washing station, etc. available for staying clean. Being considerate of the health and safety of our populace is greatly appreciated!
If anyone has additional questions or concerns regarding the practice please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe out there!
Yours in service,
Rónán Ó Conaill
BMDL Captain of Archers