- You can win the Skirmish of Grant Street in the Great Battle for Pittsburgh!
- You don’t actually have to walk… ride on the float and wave to the crowd!
- Guys. Guys…. We are between the Jimmy Buffet fan club, the Ghostbusters cosplayers, and the Derby Brats – under 17 Roller Derbyers… doesn’t get much better than that.
- Selfies with WWII veterans!
- When the drunk folks shout a certain beer slogan at you and our whole float shouts back “DILLY DILLY!!” watch them… Lose. Their. Minds.
- Blowing kisses to the toddlers, and their sweet little faces staring in awe.
- The BALLISTA! Even better, watching the tipsy revelers freak out and duck when you swing it around to point at them!
- No one will ever cheer louder for you when you win your battle than a drunk Pittsburgher.
- Possible tipsy guest appearance by Svava’s mom!
- You don’t want your Baroness to be guarded solely by mercenary scum*… do you…?
BONUS! Free pizza and revelry afterwards at Bella Notte!
- Meet in the strip district at 20th and Liberty between 9 -9:30am
(There’s actually quite a bit of parking in that area… There’s a bunch at 21st and Smallman, and look around 18th-21st streets, Penn Ave, and the side streets, Liberty will be closed. You’ll need to walk a couple blocks to the float)
- Wear garb of course, but you can deck yourself out with green and shamrocks, too – we encourage it!
- Very family friendly. Every kid that has come with us has enjoyed themselves – and sometimes people throw candy!
- More details (and some rules) HERE
- Facebook event is HERE
- Many thanks to Lord Yingerz, the organizer of this demo, to Lady Kit Fixis, and to Clovenshield for their strong support of this parade activity!
See you there!!!
*This list item approved by Clovenshield (Ying said I could say it!)